Sunday, August 30, 2026

Day 1!

I have always believed in magic.  I think we decide if we are going to find magic in our journeys or not. And to me, travel is about as magical as you get.

Today, one highlight was on the Tube.  A couple of young women started singing "Amazing Grace". They had beautiful voices and were really rocking it, but I knew they could use an alto line under the lead. So I went over and joined them. We ended up singing together on the Tube and I will never forget it.  Of course, some travelers looked annoyed. But some looked like we might have just provided a little magic.

Another magical moment happened when I was in Richmond, checking out the Ted Lasso locations (The Richmond green, the phonebooths near Ted's bench, the bar).  I stumbled upon a beautiful old church and realized a choir was rehearsing.  As I sat in this old church on the other side of the world, listening to a choir rehearsal, I felt a little magic then, too.  How lucky am I?

And another one: Carly was one of my favorite Edelman colleagues.  It has been a long time since I have seen her, and we had high tea today together.  It was amazing to see her after all these years and I felt so lucky -- lucky to be part of her journey, lucky to know so many young people in my career, and especially lucky to see how their lives flourish later on.

Other highlights:

-I saw the Changing of the Guard and toured Buckingham Palace
- I went to the fantastic Courthald Gallery, known for impressionist art ((including one from my favorite artist, Van Gogh)
- I walked through Hyde Park (10 miles total walking today!!)

- I went to Richmond and checked out Ted Lasso venues! (phone booths below)

You know, Ted Lasso is the perfect thing to to have in my mind right now. He sure knew how to find joy, magic and belief in his life. It didn't matter he didn't know football. He knew human beings (doubt me? Find the infamous episode about darts.)

Anyway, like Ted Lasso, I am finding plenty to believe in here in London.

Tomorrow I check out Abbey Road, Regents Park, Camden, A tour on the river and a play with Cate Blanchett, in addition to other fun!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So long, Scotland! We love ya (traffic circles and all)!

Traveling, I like to say, usually has at least one big challenge.  There is something that goes wrong, some nightmare challenge that comes u...