If we are friends, you know I have this phrase, "Life moments". These are the moments that you know -- while they are happening -- that you will remember this forever. They are those spectacular moments when you have a dream adventure or experience. My sacred duty is to always tell my friends when it is happening. I literally say, "Heads up - this is a life moment!
Frankly, my trip to London has given me plenty to choose from. But tonight will be hard to beat.
I saw a show about Frank Sinatra -- my all-time favorite singer. I saw the show in London. It was fabulous. And... at the end of the show, they cast led the whole audience in "New York, New York." Then, I walked across the street to the Savoy Hotel and ordered a cocktail. Just as the cocktail was delivered, the piano bar guy starting singing "Fly Me to the Moon."
So there I am.. in London, post Sinatra show, and the guy at frigging historic Savoy Hotel sings "Fly Me to the Moon" (which, by the way, was the song Bob and I danced to at our wedding.).
You can't make this stuff up.
So this is what I adore about travel. There are a LOT of life moments. Of course, there are challenges, too. My AC and Wi-fi don't work, so I have been complaining. Today I came back to take a nap after another 10 miles of walking and the maintenance guy came into my bedroom to fix things while I was fast asleep. That was a bit disconcerting. But these little challenges are nothing compared to a "New York, New York" singalong in London, or drinks at the Savoy, or going to two museums today and seeing LOTS of Van Gogh paintings....Tomorrow I see Tower Bridge, Tower of London, St. Paul's AND Hamilton (for my fourth time!!). I couldn't resist, since Leslie Odom Jr. is back in the role of Aaron Burr, Sir!
Hamilton in London with Leslie Odom Jr.... hmmm... I feel a Life Moment coming on!


No comments:
Post a Comment